The Hawthorne Domestic Violence Response Team
is a partnership between the Hawthorne Police Department, Passaic County Women’s Center and the community. Victims of domestic violence will be given immediate support at the moment of crisis and receive all available information regarding the law, safety options and available resources.
1. Assist victims of domestic violence in addressing their immediate safety needs.
2. Provide crisis intervention and emotional support to victims of domestic violence and their children.
3. Provide information and referrals.
4. Serve as a conduit between victims and domestic violence core services programs. Enable police officers to concentrate on traditional law enforcement responsibilities.
5. Educate the public and community on domestic violence and services we provide.
Domestic violence is a crime.
Domestic violence is the highest unreported crime in the nation.
Every day four women die in this country as a result of domestic violence.
Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women in the United States — more than all car accidents, rapes, and muggings combined.
Domestic violence occurs among all races, ages, religions, occupations, and income levels.